Wednesday 29 June 2011

Book Review: Betrayed by Morgan Rice

In BETRAYED (Book #3 in the Vampire Journals), Caitlin Paine awakes from a deep coma to discover she has been turned. Now a true, full-bred vampire, she marvels at her new powers, including her ability to fly, and her superhuman strength. She finds that her true love, Caleb, is still by her side, waiting patiently for her to recover. She has everything she could dream of.

Betrayed (Book #3 in the Vampire Journals)

This book was very good.  Caitlin had a lot to learn in this one.  She did some combat training & learned how to use her new senses.  Sera played a big part as well; she had a very sad story & I could sympathise with her emotional state.  It was good to read the back story for Sera & understand where she was coming from.  But it still didn't show us why Caleb doesn't love her anymore!

Betrayal was a very big part of this book, hence the name I assume.  Caitlin felt betrayed by Caleb, but she also felt she betrayed Caleb with Cain.  Love triangle??  This all worked out well in the book & I found myself wondering who she choose & what will happen.

Sam & Samantha - WOW. Didn't see that coming & it was awesome.  At the end though I thought Sam would get his happily ever after too with Samantha, but I guess that could come in DESTINED.  Poor Sam, I really felt sorry for him, being used like he was & then the guilt that followed.  I hope he is in the next one because it was left open for more perhaps.

The surprise that is included is awesome.  I again can't wait to see what happens with this surprise & I will be excited if it eventuates.  No wonder Caitlin was so emotional!!

The ending was such a cliffhanger, oh my goodness what a surprise.  I thought it could go either way, but when time travel starts to come into it, WOW.  Definitely leaves the reader waiting for the next installment.

I really think this series is only getting better the further along it goes.  Loved this book more than the last.  I gave this one a 4star rating.  Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment