Tuesday 8 January 2013

Teaser Tuesday #16











Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

My Teaser:

His face was turned toward Zu, who slept between us under a mountain of blankets and was currently the only thing that was keeping me from inching closer to him; from slipping my hand under his bigger one and learning the contents of his dreams.

But the distance between us was there for a reason.
~ loc 3138 of 6085 (51%) on my Kindle




This is fantastic so far, I'm not sure why I kept putting off reading it and I definitely prefer this Australian cover to the US dark one. This is a fantastic YA dystopian fantasy.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!








10 comments:

  1. This teaser caught my attention immediately. Just from that small blurb I want to read this. I like the cover a lot too!!

    Mine is at: http://wwww.onemagicbeanbuyer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover, and your teaser is perfect. I'm already intrigued with the story.

    Here's mine http://charliecoffeeandagoodbook.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday-selection.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been put off a little by YA Dystopian books... I don't know why, but I feel as if the drama is crazy and sufficient, but the characters are way to young for me to connect with. But this does sound really good... the blurp is intriguing. Great TT Post :)

    Laurynne @ Coffee, Books & Lipgloss - My Teaser Tuesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teaser--I like the way it's written. Here’s mine. :)

    I'm a new follower, by the way. It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can she read minds through touch? Very interesting tease!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta agree about the cover for sure. Looks interesting.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this book! Glad your enjoying it too. :D However, I prefer the US version to the Austrailian version. The dark cover feels more mysterious to me. xD Thanks for stopping by! :D

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this teaser! I haven't had much interest in reading this book, but this teaser definitely caught my attention!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser. I have this one on my tbr already, it sounds really good. And I agree about the cover, much prefer this one. Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved her Brightly Woven book. This is a great teaser. This is definitely on my wish list.

    Jenny @ Book Sojourner

    ReplyDelete