Saturday 15 December 2012

On My Wishlist #7

On My Wishlist hosted by Workaday Reads

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme started by Book Chick City and is now hosted by Workaday Reads. Every week I’ll introduce you to a book that’s on my extensive wishlist. Sometimes it’s a new book, but quite often it’s an older book. Let me know if you’ve read it, and what you think. Please also join in and link up your On My Wishlist post each week.

The Declaration (The Declaration #1) by Gemma Malley

Anna Covey is a ‘Surplus’. She should not have been born. In a society in which ageing is no longer feared, and death is no longer an inevitability, children are an abomination.

Like all Surpluses, Anna is living in a Surplus Hall and learning how to make amends for the selfish act her parents committed in having her. She is quietly accepting of her fate until, one day, a new inmate arrives. Anna’s life is thrown into chaos. But is she brave enough to believe this mysterious boy?

A tense and utterly compelling story about a society behind a wall, and the way in which two young people seize the chance to break free.


Has anybody read this series? I haven't seen this one before, but it sounds interesting and I love this cover.

Share a book or books that are on your wishlist. They can be new, old, or to-be-published. Link up available every Saturday. Join and watch your wishlist grow.

1 comment:

  1. How have I not heard of this?! That cover is stunning and the book sounds pretty awesome. I am definitely adding this one to my reading list. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete